Dean Burrows is entering his seventh season on the Wesley men’s basketball staff and his fourth as the head coach in 2018-19.
Honors / Accomplishments as head coach
- Teams have qualified for the CAC Championship Tournament each year as head coach
- CAC Rookie of the Year in 2016-17 (Brian Cameron)
- Three players earned four All-CAC honors (Wayne Lennon, JW Lawson, Brian Cameron)
- All-ECAC Player in 2017-18 (Brian Cameron)
- Three-straight 10-plus win seasons
- Seven CAC All-Academic student-athletes
- Two All-ECAC Honor Roll student-athletes
Honors / Accomplishments as assistant coach
- Two NCAA Tournament berths (2012-13, 2013-14)
- First NCAA Tournament win on March 7, 2014 against Alvernia (83-78)
- Three-straight CAC Championship Tournament appearances
- CAC Regular Season Championship (2013-14)
- CAC Runner-up in 2012-13
- Program record in wins (23, 2013-14)
- Ranked in the D3hoops.com Top 25 poll during 2012-13, 2013-14 seasons
- Highest – sixth-ranked on Week 9, 2013-14
Notable Games as head coach
- Nov. 15, 2015: First win as head coach with 92-91 upset over No. 2 Virginia Wesleyan
- Erased a 15-point halftime deficit
- Dec. 13, 2015: Battled Division I Elon (N.C.)
- Dec. 20-21, 2016: Took the team to the Pacific Northwest against Lewis & Clark, George Fox (Oregon)
- Nov. 17, 2017: Took on Division I University of Delaware
- Brian Cameron scores 30 points against the Blue Hens
- Dec. 16, 2017: 105-94 win over Hood, most point scored since 2011
- Feb. 3, 2018: 80-59 CAC win over St. Mary’s (Md.), program record for assists in a game (30)
Prior to Wesley
Prior to joining the college ranks, Burrows coached basketball at the high school level for 11 years. Burrows broke into the coaching ranks at his alma mater, Salesianum School (Wilmington, Del.), where he served as an assistant for three years. He then spent five years as an assistant coach at Bishop Verot Catholic High School in Fort Myers, Fla. before returning to his native Delaware to take over the program at St. Thomas More Academy in Magnolia.
Burrows has been an instructor at several basketball camps in Florida, Delaware, and at the Dave Hopla Shooting Camp which is a part of the Hoop Group Skills Camp in the Poconos. He has also had several items published in the basketball coaching magazine, Winning Hoops.
Burrows is an active member of the NABC (National Association of Basketball Coaches) and has been for the past nine years. He is also a member of the DIAA Boys’ Basketball State Tournament Committee. Burrows and his wife Stefanie live in Wilmington, Del. and have four children; Isabella, Jaelynn, Trey and Avery.